Our birth story

(37 week picture taken before I left for my Dr appointment on 9/22).

Edgar Thomas Raezer the fifth was born on Tuesday, September 23rd, at 1:28 pm, weighing 5 pounds 9 ounces and 18 inches long.
On Monday, September 22nd I went in for my normal one week OB check. My blood pressure was elevated to 165/110.
The MA left the room right away to talk with the Dr, a few minutes later the Dr came in and said "you're having a baby today." It was a little scary, but not unexpected. I had a feeling the whole pregnancy that E would be born on 9/23. Not sure why? I just did.
We were direct admitted to the hospital. 

Within an hour I was laying in the hospital bed, IV fluids/antibiotics started and Myproxin started. (The antibiotics because I was positive for group B strep, and Myproxin to thin my cervix).

By 6:00 am on 9/23 I was 3 cm dilated and ready to start Pitocin.

Contractions were registering, but not very intense.

My Mom and Kaina left the hospital around 11 to get Kaina's homework because nothing was really happening. 

At about 11:30 I felt a "pop" and then my water broke on it's own. After that stuff got real. ;-)
My contractions intensified immediately. I think I was checked again and was a 6.
At about 12:30 the contractions were very intense. I turned on Pandora radio trying to get myself distracted and the song More than Life, by Whitley, came on. I had never heard this song before, but it was SOO fitting. (I took a screen shot so I wouldn't forget 😉).
This song now makes me cry when I hear it. 😢
I had said that he would be born ar 1:15, and that is right when I started pushing! 
Everything happened so fast that the nurse thought she was going to have to deliver little Eddie. The Dr walked in minutes before he was born and she was able to deliver him safely. 
We had a pain medicine free labor and delivery - I am so happy for that. (My throat was pretty sore the next couple days from all of the screaming). 😉
Eddie cut the cord and then they placed little Eddie right on me. When he was born I remember thinking "seriously? He's here?"

I told little Eddie that we waited SO long for him and we love him more than life. 

                 ❤️ He's our miracle ❤️
Eddie went out and got Kaina right away so she could be a part of this moment with us. 

I wish I could describe the feeling of seeing our new baby, or seeing Eddie holding him and the look on Eddie's face,   but I can't. Imagine your happiest moment and times it by a million. 
I am so in love with this little boy & my family.
I didn't think I could love Eddie any more than I do, but I somehow do. He was amazing during labor and delivery. The way he looks at his son makes me want to cry every time. 
A few things I remember during the really hard parts of labor:
Telling Eddie that I wanted an epidural next time.
Starting to bite Eddie's shoulder and then having to fight with myself that I can't do that because it will really hurt him.
Ramming my head into Eddie's stomach and almost knocking him over.
Yelling out at 1:15 that I was right!
Trying to focus on kissing my baby, so I kept saying I'm going to kiss him 100 times when he's born.
Such a beautiful experience. I cannot put it into words.

So blessed. So loved. So happy.

Thank you all for being a part of this journey with us. A few of you have been there since before the beginning, thank you. Thank you for your support and encouragement. We are so happy. ❤️

Below are some birth pictures :)


We love you all ❤️

Comments

Popular Posts