14 weeks to go!

(Tanning for my baby shower this Sunday!)

Cinco LOVES music! Plus, this is an easy way for Eddie to get to feel him move a lot. :)

             26 weeks & 14 to go!

I have been struggling so much this week with my body image issues. Maybe it's because I've really started showing in my stomach this week? No, it's more likely because I really started showing how crappy I ate during the first and second tri's right on my butt and thighs. Ahh. Cest La Vie :-)
Anyway, I've always had body image issues so why would pregnancy be any different? I have decided to totally embrace this. There's not really anything I can do about my extra jelly for the moment, so I'm going to flaunt it and try to teach myself to accept it. If not for myself, then for Akaina. I've made some bad decisions during my 14 years as a parent, but the worst is for sure talking in front of (or to), my teenage daughter about my body insecurities. It's time to stop it and teach her (& myself) about self love. 
Sorry, I know this is a pregnancy blog and body image might not have much to do with it, but it does for this girl. :)


It's amazing what supportive family and friends can do to make you feel better about everything. Kaina and Eddie were teasing me about my "tail" (if you want to know just ask - I don't wanna open that up on here), getting fat - it was so funny that I had to laugh. They made me feel so  much better and they don't even know. Also, got an email from a friend that made me feel 10000 times better. I love these people. <3




With all of that being said...

Weight gain: 13 pounds. I think I am gaining about 1 pound a week. Do the math and that means I should gain another 13 - 14 pounds. I keep reminding myself that a lot of that is baby, boobs and extra blood volume.

Mood: see above. Plus, grateful. SO grateful for family, friends and all of these amazing moments that I get to experience.

Symptoms:
Leg cramps, constipation, insomnia and my boobs are starting hurt again.

Cravings:
Anything with flavor. I just want food, all kinds of food. I've been really craving pasta salad and BBQ foods. Cherries 



Exercise:
The same - I walked 6 miles today and was so hungry by the time I got home so I know I burned some calories. Luckily I was craving salad and tuna fish.

Prep:
I went and bought a grey linen fabric that I'm going to make a valance and curtains out of. I also found a rug at wal mart that I'm going to buy for his room. 
Yesterday I went a little crazy and cleaned all of the window sills in the house, plus all of the light switches. I hope this is the start of nesting because my house really needs a good cleaning. ;)

(I bought the fabric on the left).

Side note:
Getting to?! Way ahead of you sister.

3rd trimester?!? :D



Until next week... :-)   xo xo xo!





Comments

Popular Posts