It's been awhile and now I'm pregnant!!!

It's been awhile since I last updated this blog and a lot has happened! I am now hijacking this wedding blog and turning it into my pregnancy blog. :D 
After trying for 1 year to get pregnant we found out last week that we are having a BOY!!

Edgar Thomas Raezer the fifth is due to arrive 10/10/14. We can't wait! πŸ˜˜πŸ‘ΆπŸ’•

Two week wait symptoms?

I honestly thought that I wasn't pregnant and that at any second I would start my period. I had lots of light cramping that felt like pre-period symptoms and I felt nothing else. 
When I saw the positive I was in shock! 
We felt (& still do feel), SO blessed!! How lucky are we that we get to have a baby?! Babies truly are a miracle!
I am so incredibly happy! 😊😊😊

Right now I am 17 weeks 4 days pregnant:

Kind of blurry but this is what I look like right now. Barely showing still and almost half way! I bet at 20 weeks I will start showing a lot more. πŸ˜‰

How I've been feeling:

0 - 14 weeks: I couldn't even tell I was pregnant until about 15 weeks. The only symptoms I experienced were round ligament pain & fatigue.

12 weeks: I started bleeding at work and had to rush to the ER. It was so scary, but luckily everything was ok! Just no more heavy lifting and a couple days of bed rest.

Also, at 12 weeks: we went in for the Quad screen that looks for chromosomal abnormalities. 

At 16 weeks: we got results back that our baby has 1/15 chance of having Downs Syndrome. We went in for another Ultrasound (called an ultrasound 2), and another blood test. The ultrasound came back all normal - this is also how we found out we are having a boy - and we are still awaiting the results from our blood test. We should have them by Thursday.

17 weeks: right now I'm starting to feel movement! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ mostly just little flutters and some tightening. 
This week my heartburn started getting worse... I'm hoping that those old wives are right and it means Little Eddie will have a full head of hair!

I've been way more emotional this week and last. Up until this point I just felt calm and tired.

My skin is very dry and I have acne scars so that is making me feel super self conscious. 😞

My weight gain total has been 6 pounds. (I started out at 8 pounds heavier than I like to be so this is also making me feel self conscious). I bet once I start showing more I will start packing on pounds. ;)

Food cravings: everyday is different. Today so far has been watermelon and peanut butter. Yesterday I really wanted sour cream all day... 
Mostly I've just been SUPER thirsty! I crave ice water - I don't think I'm drinking enough so my new goal is 3/4 gallon each day.

Food aversions: bananas, cantaloupe, and now anything sour because I have such bad heartburn. 

Stretch marks: nope, but cellulite is out of control.

Exercise: yoga one time a week and going for jog/walks at least one time per day. I need to start doing more squats for better circulation - so that's a new goal. 

Yesterday we registered at Target and at Nordstrom. Sunday (Mother's Day), we are going to register at Babies R Us. This has been the most fun for me so far πŸ˜„πŸ˜Š☺️

Here are some older pics:


13 weeks :)


14.5 weeks

15 weeks


16 weeks :)

I will try and update this as much as I can!

Have a great day!


12 week ultrasound :)

Comments

  1. Can't wait to hold little Eddie...I love you already! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Mom! I can't wait to hold him either :D

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts