18 weeks <3

Hi all! Thank you to everyone who checked out my blog last week! I feel so loved :o)

Right now I am 18 weeks, 4 days pregnant - this pregnancy is flying by!

(This picture was taken at 18 weeks, 3 days).


Last Thursday we got our blood test results back... and they all came back normal! There was no extra chromosome found in Baby Eddie's blood! We are feeling extra blessed and so thankful to be having a healthy little boy.

I still can't believe that I am going to have a son! It's so fun going to the store and looking at boy stuff :) 

Thanks to my awesome cousin, Sarah we now have a crib! We also have a super cute Team Ellie onesie, Seahawks beanie, diapers and formula (just in case). Family and friends are SO amazing!! My friend April gave us two huge bags of boy clothes! Also, my Mom, sister and Kaina are planning a baby shower for me in July. SO blessed! Thank you guys! XOXO

What's new this week:
Yesterday I really started feeling him move around - pretty sure he punch/kicked me about 5 times in a row while I was driving. It made me want to cry, lol! How lucky am I to experience this?! After struggling to get pregnant I (we) am (are) cherishing every little moment and not taking anything for granted. 

Food cravings/Avoidances:
I can finally eat bananas again! Yay!
Food cravings are all over the place depending on the day. I have been focusing on eating better and I am eating way less than I was the first trimester. 
I've been drinking lots more water and am feeling really good. :)

Stretch marks: 
Nothing yet :) I have been using this awesome lotion and straight coconut oil.
The straight coconut oil I have been using on my face and it has made such a huge difference in my skin dryness. 

Exercise:
Walking minimum of 2 miles per day - if I have a long day waiting tables and don't have time to walk then I just consider waiting tables as walking. Staying active is my goal - not letting tiredness or fatigue keep my butt on the couch.
I have continued doing my weekly yoga but I'm feeling like I should be doing more so I'm going to start practicing at home. 

On Sunday we registered at Babies R Us! So fun :) Happy Mother's Day to all the other Moms! 
Sunday morning I had to open bartending so Eddie made me some breakfast for the road (so sweet!). When I got off we went to Babies R Us to register then the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner - it was amazing food & such a fun day with my family. I hope you all had a great day as well!

I had a doctors appointment yesterday and I have more great news to report :)

 My blood pressure has continued to stay  in the normal range!! Yay! Anyone who knows me knows that this is something that I have struggled with for quote some time. I was very nervous at my first appointment and my blood pressure was pretty high. Dr Heshmati told me that if it doesn't lower we will just plan on me being induced early again. (I was induced with Akaina at 37 weeks because of pre-eclampsia). I don't want that to happen again so I'm doing what I can to lower it: walking, drinking lots of water, eating bp lowering foods and avoiding too much salt. It seems to be working :o)

My weight gain amount has been great! I had gained about 7 pounds as of last week and now I'm back to 6 pounds total weight gain. 

The heartbeat was good and strong! :)
I bought Baby Eddie this lion yesterday because I couldn't resist!


My DR thinks that everything looks great! This makes me so happy :)

18 weeks: bring on the hormones!!
OMG. I have been SO emotional this week! I spent the first 16 weeks feeling amazing and at 17 weeks I started getting a little more emotional, but this week is crazy. I feel like I am constantly checking myself and reminding myself that things aren't that big of a deal. At least I'm aware, right?!

Speaking of being emotional... I need to give some props to my amazing husband. I am so lucky to have such a strong and patient partner through all of this. He is my rock - I feel like all of this is easy because of him. (Thanks Eddie)!

Eddie started reading this "Dad's Guide to Pregnancy" book the other day - hopefully there is a section on dealing with a crazy person...


Thanks for reading my blog!! :)
Have a great week and enjoy the sun Washington friends!
I'll post again next Tuesday.



Kaina "rocking" Jackson to keep him from whining. She's gonna be a natural with little Eddie!
XOXO



Comments

  1. LOVED reading this...thanks for keeping us all informed! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts