24 weeks + exciting news!


24 weeks! Woo hoo! I still can't believe how fast this time is flying by. Before I know it he will be here :)
I'm really looking forward to baby showers, birth and all of the firsts that we will get to experience with little E.
Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas will be so exciting. :) 


Found some books yesterday at Half Price Books...
  (Super creepy baby at 24 weeks!)
 (Creeeeepy, creepy baby)...

Anyway.
This last week has been, "fun"...
I've been a little more emotional, impatient and introverted.

I had Eddie read the birth partner section of "Birthing from Within" (it's like 2.5 pages - it wasn't too painful for him), and afterwards we were able to talk about anything that we (mostly me), were worried about. I feel much better now that we are both on the same page.


Mood:
Emotional.
I thought Eddie was calling me crazy the other day, so I got really upset and wanted to cry, or yell at him that I'm not crazy (because either one of those would make me seem normal). We worked that out - mostly because Eddie is so patient.

(I almost cried when I saw this at the store. Darn hormones).

I had an "aha" moment yesterday:

Not everyone is as excited as me...
realized that yesterday as I was talking to Kaina about all of the "fun" birthing classes we have coming up, and the "super exciting" hospital tour. 
I asked her why she got quiet all of a sudden - and her response was, "I'm just not that excited about that stuff."
That was good for me to hear. It's a good reminder that not everyone is as excited as me to talk about pregnancy, birth and breast feeding. 
I can always count on my teenage daughter to keep me in check. ;)
(Kaina at Half Price Books).

Symptoms:

Protein in urine at last DR appt.
I'm a little worried about this because I had pre-eclampsia with my daughter and had to go on bedrest and be induced about 3 weeks early.
Hopefully, my next appointment there will be no trace of protein in my urine, and I only had trace amounts because I'm a little sick.

My legs have been cramping at night more frequently now. My massage therapist said that I need to up my potassium, magnesium and calcium intake to relieve the leg cramps. Luckily, chia seeds are rich in all those nutrients! I am going to swap my chocolate milks for Mama Chia drinks. (Or drink both).

Braxton Hicks contractions have started. Not too often, but normally at night, and especially if I am dehydrated or have done too much that day.

One last weird/annoying thing is that at night I'm way bigger than I am in the morning.
(Morning)

(Night before)

Weird.

Cravings/aversions:

I can't get enough protein!! I've been craving steak, hamburger, eggs, chicken and salmon. I also want fruit, salads and cinnamon bears. 
I searched all over for those darn bears and had no luck until today. I was at Winco grocery shopping with Kaina - I asked her to check the bulk candy for them (expecting her to come back with nothing), and she came running a few minutes later with a bag of them! Yay! Best $1 I ever spent :o)


I also have been craving watermelon like crazy. I think that the body craves nutrients that we need (maybe not cinnamon bears), and I just found out that watermelon has tons of health benefits for pregnant women and their babies. It contains a high amount of Lycopene (which lowers your chance of pre-eclampsia), and magnesium/potassium. 
The body is an amazing thing!

Here's a link to the article on benefits of watermelon:


Prep:

The room is all painted! I am loving the cozy feeling of the grey, but in the natural light it looks a little blue. Good thing we are having a boy ;) 

Eddie's Mom (Joan) and sister (Jami), brought over a surprise present for us and baby Cinco: his bedding!! 

It's so cute and looks great with the color of the room. :) 
We set up the crib as well to get a better idea of spacing and room set up.


(Eddie and Kaina are such knuckle heads). 😉

Exciting news(!!!):

I can now see Cinco moving outside of my stomach!!! Ahh!
Eddie and I were laying in bed and I looked down and saw my stomach shaking and moving from Cinco. Eddie was able to see it too :) 
It's so exciting! I can't believe that I am almost at the end of my sixth month!

Until next week! :)

Week 24:






Comments

Popular Posts