Sleep training E

Since day one this little love has slept with me and Eddie. There was a 6 month period of time where he slept in his pack n play in our closet, but at 12 months he got really sick and moved in to bed with us while he was sick. When we tried moving him back it was awful! He scareamed and screamed. Honestly, I was tired and it was easier to just have him sleep with us. Now that I'm 23 weeks with Ricky I've realized that I have to get him in his own space so he can actually sleep once we have a newborn here.

First we set a nighttime routine:
Pj's, brush teeth, turn on night lights, turn on lavender oil diffuser, dim lights, stories and/or stickers if he's too worked up. Give him a kiss, hand him his bunny and cozy, lay him down and leave.

Day one: rough. He cried, yelled and called for us for an hour. Then woke up a couple hours later for about 20 minutes.

Day two-four: I was closing at work, so I'm not sure. Eddie says that he did fine though.

Day five: cries for about 5 minutes and falls asleep.

Day six: climbs/falls out of crib twice...ugh. Back in bed with us because  we're not sure what else to do.

Day seven: Eddie installs 2x4 along top railing so he can't get out. Cries for 20 minutes or so.

Day eight: sick, fell asleep at 6:45 on Eddie. Moved him to crib at 7:30. Screams for over an hour. I finally cave and bring him to bed with me. 
Super frustrating!! I thought this was supposed to be easier by this point?!
He seems afraid of his crib. He starts crying once he realizes that we're doing the bedtime routine. This is a nightmare.
I know the BEST thing is consistency, but it's hard to listen to your baby cry for over an hour with no end in sight.

            (Before we moved him)
Day 9: back in his crib. Cries for a bit BUT falls asleep after about 20 minutes. Wakes up at 2 and cries for 40 minutes. I ended up bringing him to bed with us.

Day 10: Eddie put E to bed and said that he did good! He woke up about 3 and I brought him to our bed again. I totally know I have to stop doing that. At 3 am I don't seem to care about sleep training though ;-)

Day 11: Eddie put E to bed again and he said that he did good again! I got home at 12:30 and E woke up at 2. I just let him cry for 40 minutes (I can see him on the monitor and he's ok). He woke up again at 4 and again I let him cry for about 30 minutes. He woke up at 6 and cried for about 10 minutes. ***when he woke up at 2 & 4 he was also barking like a dog*** lol
At 7 he woke up again and I went in and got him up.
- He doesn't seem to be getting quality sleep, so I'm hoping that this will change!
He's been waking up and still acting tired at 7. He takes his first nap at 9:30 which seems really early.


O.M.G.
Day 20 something...

He still cries when we put him to bed. He also tells for us and barks like a dog still.
It still tears my heart out each time :-(
He's getting better at self soothing though. Tonight he stopped crying after about ten minutes and then laid down and held his bunny until he fell asleep. He also didn't cry this morning to be let out of his crib! Yay!! 
This has been so hard, but I feel like it's getting easier on all of us. 


Not sure what day it is, but he still screams when we leave. :-( 
It's only for a few minutes but it still feels wrong. I don't know if he'll ever fall asleep without a fight. I'm ending this post because I'm thinking this is as good as it's gonna get.




Comments

Popular Posts